Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Major’ Violations Have Been Committed By The Oregon Football Team: Why No One Should Care


Oregon University has offered to self-impose a two-year probation for the football program and a reduction of one scholarship for each of the next three seasons after agreeing with the NCAA that the University committed multiple infractions from 2008-2011. 

It appears the investigation focuses on a $25K payment to Will Lyles for recruiting and scouting services.This of course should come of little to no surprise to most after Chip Kelly left Oregon to coach the Eagles. It has become a recurring theme of big time college head coaches to leave before NCAA sanctions are levied against their university. 

My personal opinion of the NCAA is that they are a complete and utter shame. They make billions of dollars and want young athletes to accept nothing more than a scholarship and meal plan. The NCAA constantly bites the hands that feed them and destroy prestigious athletic programs for nothing more than to put on a good front for the public. It sickens me to think that they are able to constantly avoid any type of oversight. These people who run the NCAA are no better than the players, coaches, boosters, and agents who partake in these activities. 

I can tell you that if I was in these young men positions I would also accept cash payments, TV's, cars, clothes, tickets to sporting events, and much more. I grew up in a middle class home and was raised the correct way but that doesn't mean I'm going to turn down money that could benefit myself or my family. Most of these players come from lower soci0-economic backgrounds and they are going to take anything you throw at them depending upon what is required of them by accepting it. 

I'm tired of innocent college athletes being punished for actions not committed by them. I have had enough of these crooks getting away with destroying well established programs. It has to stop and it is ruining college athletics. Let them take whatever they can get, life is too short to sweat the petty bullshit.  Plus why dont the people who actually commit the infractions ever suffer the penalty  its always years later that infractions are imposed. What good is that? It's a broken system and it needs to be fixed. 

Give me a call and I would be happy to fix the whole thing. Right now it's completely fucked. 

No comments:

Post a Comment